The Truth About Hair Growth
A few factors play a key role in hair growth than just topically applying a serum. This is because hair grows from the root, so the health of your inner body plays a far greater role than just topically applying a serum.
The 3 key factors are:
1. Your Genes - Ethnicity & Age
2. Your Diet – Nutritional Deficiencies
3. The Life of Your Hair Follicles
Other factors include your age, the climate your living in which affects the dryness of your scalp, genetical, hormonal imbalances, medications, trauma stress, anxiety, applying chemicals in your hair and more.
Since you cannot control the majority of the factors that impact hair growth you can control your diet. Having a balanced diet filled with the right nutrients can lead to healthy hair growth. The strands in your hair are made up of cells that contain keratin which plays a significant role in strengthening the hair from breakage. The strands require to be nourished with minerals and vitamins for healthy hair growth. Vitamins – A, B, C, D and E plus iron, zinc and protein are all very beneficial for hair growth.
INCORPORATING THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR DIET HELPS IMPROVE HAIR GROWTH:
- Eggs – Rich in protein and biotin.
- Berries – Rich in vitamin C.
- Spinach – Rich in folate, iron, vitamins A and C.
- Fatty Fish – Rich in omega 3 and 6 - fatty acids.
- Sweet Potatoes – Rich in vitamin A.
- Avocados – Rich in vitamins B and E, zinc, and essential fatty acids.
- Nuts – Rich in vitamin E.
- Seeds – Rich in vitamin E, zinc and selenium.
- Sweet Peppers – Rich in vitamin C.
- Oysters - Rich in zinc.
- Shrimps – Rich in protein, vitamin B and D, zinc and iron.
- Beans – Rich in protein, iron, zinc and biotin.
- Carrots – Rich in vitamin A.
- Meat – Rich in protein; Red Meat is rich in iron.
- Oranges – Rich in vitamin C.
- Guava – Rich in vitamin C.
- Lentils – Rich in protein, iron, zinc, and biotin.
- Beets –Rich in fiber, vitamin B9, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C.
- Chia and Flaxseeds – Rich in omega 3.
ELIMINATING THE FOLLOWING FOOD FROM YOUR DIET WILL BE BENEFICIAL IN HAIR GROWTH:
- Food high in mercury (Certain types of fishes)
- Diet Soda (Specifically aspartame has been linked to reducing hair growth)
- Fast Food (Greasy)